Monday, August 20, 2018
There are only a few weeks of the summer holidays left, but plenty of fun activities across Teesside to take part in! www.bigsummer.co.uk View Post
Big Summer Family Bike Rides
Fun family bike rides around the Tees Valley
Take your pick from 11 fabulous, free, family bike rides being held around the Tees Valley, all designed with families in mind. With a variety of distances and themes throughout the school holidays, there's something to suit riders at every level.
Each ride is led by experienced ride leaders who are first aid trained and can fix the majority of problems and keep the ride moving.
All rides will include stops for drinks and a longer stop to eat, so bring a picnic and make the most of it. The British weather can be unpredictable so please check the weather forecast and be prepared for anything!
Bikes and helmets are available to borrow, just ask when making your booking.
- Easy - suitable for young riders who are able to ride without the use of stabilisers.
- Moderate - some riding on roads on quieter residential streets.
- Challenging - some significant sections of on-road riding and some more technical off-road sections, suitable for more experienced riders/older children.
- Sun cream
- Rain jacket
- Gloves - to keep warm and protect hands
- Picnic or packed lunch
- Helmet - compulsory for children
- Bike lock