Best Foot Forward in Hartlepool for the Commuter Challenge
Five days to change the way you travel. Challenging people in Hartlepool to try greener, healthier ways of travelling to work this January.
Our travel advisors had a great time in Hartlepool, challenging staff to change the way they travel. We visited sites including the Civic Centre, Centre for Independent Living and the Fire Station to spread the word about healthier, greener travel options.
Did you know:
- - Most of us travel to and from work by car
- - Almost half of these journeys are under 2 miles
- - These short journeys are less fuel efficient and produce more emissions
- - 81% of these trips are with just one person in the car
Together, we can change this:
We know that by reducing this type of journey, through car sharing, walking, cycling or taking the bus we can reduce the number of cars on our roads.
This not only reduces emissions giving us cleaner air, it also makes our towns friendlier and safer places to be.
The Commuter Challenge is part of our ongoing calendar of events to help people living and working in the Tees Valley to commit to leaving their car at home to travel greener for more of their journeys.
If you are a business within the Tees Valley looking for:
- A free team building activity for your staff
- A way to improve staff wellbeing
- An answer to the problem of too many cars on or near your site
- Simple ways to improve your carbon footprint